This dish is equally delicious made with chicken, pork or beef. Serve over cooked rice.
- A pound and a half of boneless and lean chicken, pork or beef
- A tablespoon of garlic sesame sauce (I like Iron Chef brand)
- A tablespoon of hoisin sauce
- A tablespoon of chili garlic sauce (for a medium hot dish, can leave out or adjust to preference)
- A large sweet onion, cut into roughly inch square pieces
- Three large red bell peppers, cut into roughly inch square pieces
- A 20 ounce can of pineapple chuncks in juice, or can use fresh pineapple
Put meat in slow cooker and pour sauces on top. Cook on low for four or five hours or until meat is tender. Break up meat with a large spoon or turner.
Add onion and pepper and stir ingredients. Continue to cook on low for two hours.
Add pineapple and stir. Continue to cook on low for two hours.
Serve over steamed rice. Yields approximately six servings.
This dish looks delicious! I just came across your site through a link from the Slow Cooker Chronicles.
Perfect!!!! Exactly what I’ve been looking for. Will try it this weekend and report back. I’m certain it is going to be ono, which means delicious in Hawaiian!