I could eat this salad every day. It is so light and fresh tasting.
- About half a cup of red onion, quartered and cut into thin slices
- Up to half a cup of seeded and roughly chopped kalamata olives
- Tablespoon of lemon juice
- Two teaspoons of salt
- Two teaspoons of minced garlic
- One teaspoon dried oregano (optional – to taste)
- One half teaspoon black or white pepper (optional – to taste)
- A cup of extra virgin olive oil
Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar or other container with a leak proof lid. Shake vigorously until well mixed and onion is thoroughly coated. Refridgerate for at least four hours, optimally 12 to 24 hours. Dressing will keep for several days.
- A 10 oz bag of pre-washed and chopped romaine lettuce or two romaine lettuce hearts, roughly chopped
- Four roma tomatoes, halved and sliced
- A medium cucumber, peeled and seeded, sliced
- A small or half a large green pepper, cored and seeded, cut into inch by 1/4 inch sticks
- Around half a cup of crumbled feta cheese
- Greek dressing (see above)
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Just before serving, add dressing and mix salad until well mixed and coated with dressing.
Yields four nice sized side salads or two entree sized salads.