This casserole is very filling and satifying. It can serve as a one pot meal or as a main dish with a salad or vegetable sides.
- 1 1/3 pounds ground beef
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 6 oz jar or can sliced mushrooms
- 1 4 oz jar diced pimientos
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 10oz can of whole kernal corn, drained or 1 cup of frozen whole kernal corn, thawed
- 8 to 10 oz egg noodles or other pasta
- 16 oz container sour cream
The ground beef can be browned in a skillet, drained and added to crockpot or can be prepared in the crockpot. To prepare ground beef in the crockpot, place raw ground beef in the pot and use a turner to break up and spread across bottom of pot. Cover and cook on low for an hour. Use turner to break up beef and stir. Cover and cook on low for another hour. Remove most of the drippings before proceeding.
Add bouillon, seasoning, mushrooms, pimientos, onion and corn to cooked beef and stir. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours. Add sour cream and stir well. Cover and cook on low for an hour.
Prepare pasta per package directions and stir into casserole before serving.
6 large servings